diggin' it.

Often I have said the following, “life is hard, wear a helmet.” Today I disagree with that statement completely. Life is only hard when you are trying. A true life, one that is tailored to fit just you is effortless. Sure, there are trials, trivial matters, decisions, and setbacks…but it’s different. These tough times aren’t so tough when youre life is authentic.

Things happen for a reason, I get that. I didn’t get that a year ago, but now, not only do I get it…I am living proof of it. I preach this cliché statement like it’s my job! I was lucky enough to die and come back to life. Not in the literal sense but close enough.

My life before was hard. It sucked. I was broke yet had much more money than I do now. Lonely, yet I was married. Homeless, yet I had a cozy little house. I was wanting, even though I had an abundance of things. I was terribly sad, yet I had all the apparent ingredients for happiness.

Today I take inventory of my life. I don’t have lots of money as I fight my way through school but it’s ok, I know it’s temporary. I certainly am not lonely. I am envious of my own social calendar. ;-)My friends are amazing supportive beings of whom I am thankful for in so many ways. I am single (can I get an Amen!). My husband turned out to be a grade-A douche bag. However, this douche bag taught me what not to do the next time around and for that...I am forever greatful. My house? I don't have one anymore. It was just that…a “house”. It wasn’t a home, and I am thankful to have been able to walk away from it. I no longer want for anything and I am far from sad. This is one of the most trying times I have ever been through, yet, through it all I am so excited.

I walked through the fire to figure out what truly matters. And, it turns out, contrary to popular belief; life isn’t that hard after all. I don’t have to try anymore. And now, life is so good.

2 comments:

Courtney Marie Kingma said...

I love it when you BLOG!
I love it that you're happy!
And I LOVE YOU!

Sum said...

I agree with Court... I love it when you blog. Your words bring tears every single time... I am SO SORRY for all the pain you have gone through the past year BUT I couldn't be happier for who you have chosen to be through out it ALL. You are a warrior. BE PROUD. Be very, very, very proud. Love you.